The Christian County Sheriff's Office Juvenile Division, located at 501 S. Main Street is staffed with 7 employees who play an integral role in our juvenile system here in Christian County. Their responsibilities include:
- Providing three (3) School Resource Officers for Christian County Public Schools. (For more information about our SRO's, click here.)
- Investigation of crimes involving juveniles.
- The security and transportation of juveniles for juvenile court.
- The processing of juveniles through court, including paper service.
- Two of our Detectives are certified in Forensic Interviewing which aids in the investigations of children sexually assaulted, neglected an/or abused. To further this process, they have partnered with the Pennyrile Children's Advocacy Center to help families get through these often intense and difficult investigations.
Our juvenile detectives and school resource officers work closely with court personnel, the Court Designated Workers Office, the Department of Juvenile Justice, the Christian County Public Schools and the Department of Community Based Services. All these services are designed to help, educate and assist juveniles in our area and those who might be involved in criminal activity, either as a perpetrator or a victim.